One of the forgotten kind....

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

(4) Comments


Well I sit here in shock.... I just cant believe that they will just let me die. "Sorry" they tell me over the phone. Unless you want to apply for SSI there is no health program that you can join to help you.......

"WHAT?!?!?!?!?!"

There is nothing out there to help me? A stay at home mom of a grown up child in a wheel chair with CP. No program to help keep me alive to continue to care for my son. No way for me to get the heart meds that keep me from having another heart attach? No way to get my Insulin? NOTHING! I just cant believe this shit! Oh yea Mr Prez is going to make sure we have med coverage. Yea right... that does not include people like me. We cost them money I guess. I asked nothing of government, I never asked for cash money to help me and my son just get thru the day.... nope. I just wanted the medical coverage so I could continue to care for my child. I know I wont die tomorrow, but without these meds I'm sure I will. At least that's what they have told me.

What really sux tho is that if and when I do die no one wants to take my son. Where will he go? To some nursing home where they will leave him alone in a soiled pull up. Where he will be hit when he is in a bad mood.... That idea hurts more then the death part. Leaving bobby along and unprotected breaks my heart and makes me think really bad thoughts.

I guess its time for me to get all my ducks in a row. Take care of everything before its to late. Cant believe I am saying these things and I am only 41 years old.

(I AM NOT ASKING YOU FOR ANY KIND OF MONEY - JUST RANTING)

Lady Shannon

,

4 Responses to "One of the forgotten kind...."

Unknown said :
11/10/09, 7:09 PM
Lady Shannon, I love your blog and so appreciate your blog and freebies. Reading your post makes me sad. All I can think to say is, "Be of a good courage...be not afraid. For the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest." Joshua 1:9 Hope this helps. May God bless you.
Edna B said :
11/11/09, 11:17 AM
I know what you are feeling, and I am outraged at the president's feelings on healthcare. He has no use for us "oldies" either. thinks we are too old to bother saving. what is this country coming to?

Can you apply for SSI? If so, please do. What about state health insurance or Medicaid? Can you not get any of these? It really is sad that we have to fight so hard for so little.

Keep the faith, God will watch over you and your son.

You have an award waiting for you on my blog. Keep your chin up and have a terrific day. Hugs, Edna B.
11/16/09, 11:14 AM
I'm so sorry you are treated so unfarely in America. Here in the UK you would get your life saving meds without trouble. Praying for you
anna said :
11/17/09, 9:00 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that LdayShannon. Like many have said before me try to keep your courage. Sending you well wishes and prayers.

Hugs,

~Anna

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones