Hello year 2011

Monday, January 10, 2011

(3) Comments

Well hello everyone.  Its the brand new year and its time I did something.  I'm not sure what i will do but its time i did something.  I really dont have any ideas for anything new and when I go thru my GOOGLE READER all I see are pay sites.  All the old designers who once gave with there hearts now sell everything.  Well I dont know about anyone else, but I barely have the money to keep my internet running.  I dont have the money to buy scripts, actions, styles and the like.    But thats not the only thing.  I see things in some stores that anyone can make and these designers are trying to sell them.  I just dont get it.  What happened to all the love.  All the giving.  

Well I am going to try to start to GIVE with my heart once again.  If anyone has any cool ideas give me a shout

Lady Shannon

3 Responses to "Hello year 2011"

Janarae said :
1/11/11, 9:28 AM
I hear you there. I too have decided to give more away. When I started you could get all kind of kits for free, now all you get is QP's. I scrap in 8x10, so really there is nothing for me anymore. I hope to be able to make kits again soon and put on my blog. Also how can people afford to purchase when most out there are $5 and up a kit. I really like Crafty Scraps cause nothing in her store is over 2 and that really helps so much. Anyway here is my blog is you are interested. Again just starting again, so it might be a bit. http://digitaldesignsbyjana.blogspot.com/
1/12/11, 7:27 PM
I'm pretty new to the scene so it's difficult for me to gauge how things have changed over the years. I do see a lot of freebies, but the amount may have diminished over the time you've been scrapping.

I would like to make more time for creating things and giving them away as well. I'd also like to learn to design on a professional level as a potential source of income too.

I hear you on the $ thing. I've been in a semi-silent money struggle over the past 6 months. I think a lot of people are struggling right now because of the economy.

Something you may want to try that I set up recently would be a google alert. You may need a gmail account to set it up. You just go to alerts.google.com and put in specific keywords for what you want and google will email you new posts related to the topics. The data does pull in some spammy stuff though. There is a section for blogs or feeds, and there is a section for "websites". The section for websites seems to pull in the junk. Some weirdos have tagged items on their static html pages with digiscrap keywords, which sucks. I just skip over those.

I initially started this to help post on the CU Freebies Only Forum, but have fell behind with it, lol! Also my broadband out here in the country is an inth of what normal people have for speed, despite it being DSL. So it takes a very long time for the digiscrap blogs to load sometimes. They all seem to use very high res graphics like PNGs and such. I'm thankful that the media player on your blog doesn't auto start because those types of blogs are semi impossible for me to load. You'd think I was on dialup, but alas I'm not. lol! :)

Anyways, I vibe with the spirit of giving and would like to eventually be up to par with giving away what I can when I can.

::Cheers & Happy New Year::

1/12/11, 7:30 PM
I'm pretty new to the scene so it's difficult for me to gauge how things have changed over the years. I do see a lot of freebies, but the amount may have diminished over the time you've been scrapping.

I would like to make more time for creating things and giving them away as well. I'd also like to learn to design on a professional level as a potential source of income too.

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones